The preliminary hearing for double-homicide suspect Vincent Earnest Sanchez scheduled for April 10 was vacated during a Monday intervention hearing at the Humboldt County Courthouse and will be rescheduled in May, according to Assistant Deputy District Attorney Kelly Neel.
Sanchez' defense attorney requested to vacate the date. Neel said this is common, as it gives the defense and prosecution "additional time to prepare and to review discovery" before the preliminary hearing.
Sanchez, 28, was arrested and booked into the Humboldt County jail on March 26 on two counts of murder. The two victims -- 60-year-old Richard Storre and 25-year-old Lance Delbert Henry -- were found dead by Eureka Police Department investigators in Storre's home on the 2100 block of Harris Street in Eureka on March 26, with each killed by a single gunshot wound to the head. Sanchez and Henry -- who were half-brothers -- had been staying at Storre's house for an extended period of time.
Neel said Sanchez' preliminary hearing will be rescheduled during a court hearing on May 5.