Fortuna's East High School, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), developed a geography and science unit to study Humboldt Bay. The unit incorporated a three-hour kayaking tour on Humboldt Bay on Oct. 6, discussing the bay's geographical history and ecosystem. Humboats Kayak Adventures led the three-hour tour. Humboats is located at Dock A, on Woodley Island Marina in Eureka.
photos by Dan Tangney, East High teacher
1. East High teacher Heather Brown and student Omar Rodriguez.
2. East High students Jesse Castillo and Jeff Kindred.
3. East High students Devin Thompson and Joey Filyau.
4. East High student Jesse Castillo.
5. East High students Alejandro Mendoza, Blanca Mendoza and Ali Wilber prepare for kayaking.